Friday, January 18

Finish it off Friday?

I wish weekends had more days. I'm so tired during the weekday evening I leave everything for the weekend.
Then I stay up way too late to finish everything, wake up Sunday morning exhausted, and the cycle just continues. I need a good nights sleep.
I started my adventures in quilting way too long ago. The reason why only now I'm finishing my second one, is because, well, weekends are too short.
This quilt is made from the lovely Birds and Berries, by Lauren and Jessi Jung for Moda. I knew I had to have this collection the second I saw it.
It is as lovely as it looks, but a bit troublesome. I bought the charm pack because I'm still terrified of anything but. It seemed there wasn't enough purple squares, or yellow. I couldn't make a simple zig-zag quilt because I didn't have enough, or had way to many of one color.

Birds and berries zig zag quilt
Charm pack was purchased from Designs By Donelle 

I'm a bit of a freak when it comes to matching colors, and I was really bummed about it. Especially because the purples were so pretty.
I ended up arranging it in an altered zig zag fashion. sort of zig zag, but not quite.

Birds and berries zig zag quilt

I bought the backing from the same collection, a very light mint with tiny white dots. The binding is also from the same collection, it looks like peacocks. The birds are all over this fabric. Sort of like "Where's Waldo". I think I read in their blog that there are more than 40 different birds in this line. That's a lot of birds.

Birds and berries zig zag quilt
Backing and binding was purchased from Lily Rose Quilts
Last Friday I bought the filling for this, and my plan is to try and quilt it tomorrow. I'm going with simple straight-ish lines along the zig zags. I like the clean look of it. If all goes well, tomorrow evening I start binding. Throughout the week I should be able to sneak in some hand sewing to get it done by next- Finish it up Friday.

I think there should also be a "Start it Saturday" (Or Sunday). Last week I also bought the fabric for my very own weekender bag. Just looking at the directions scare me, but I've read plenty of good tips, and have a bookmark called "weekender bag help", so I know I'm not alone. I cannot wait to make the cording, and well, actually finish it. I know it will be super useful, and hopefully not that hard as it seems.
But, more on that when I actually begin!

1 comment:

  1. So lovely, I just love mint and peach together - my absolute favourite!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...