Saturday, April 13

Tough luck

I've had a hard week. Things have been tough, but I'm starting to see the end of it.
I try and think of songs that make me happy, but usually they have some sad line hidden inside somewhere that kind of makes me break down. Inspirational quotes are a big no no. Even you're regular "Everything is going to be OK" gets me weepy. But everything will be ok. Has to be, doesn't it?

I've slowly gotten back to knitting and sewing. Last weekend I couldn't look at any project, I kind of just lay there on the couch, one skein in my right hand, one skein in my left, waiting for some sort of sign to tell me which one to knit up. Choosing a pattern was even more painful. But I'm starting to enjoy it again, and even got out to photograph an FO.

A few weeks ago I finished up my Pomme De Pin. I put off knitting it forever because I was scared of seams. I had even bought the yarn for it last year, Madelinetosh Alpaca sport, in the delicious glazed pecan.
I must admit that in the beginning I had a hard time. Following directions of course.
It got easier after I ripped it out a few times and actually READ.


I love this yarn. I love the color. I love how it knits up (except for being slightly itchy, but hey, it's wool and alpaca). I wish it was winter again to wear it, plus go back in time a few months. Sorry, I'm still a bit out of it.

This is my first seamed project, and it wasn't as scary as I thought it would be, it was actually quite fun and satisfying. I'm not sure if I did something wrong, or I just need to block it, because the shoulders are slightly falling off my shoulders.


I'm so darn happy with myself for completing this. I wish it was a bit longer, but I had just enough yarn to finish it up. I'm talking about 10 grams left. Yup, I was sweating like a marathon runner towards the end.
I made 4 button holes, just like the pattern called for, but it seems that the top button is useless. I might need to remove it, I think it looks funny high up there.
I bought the buttons on etsy a long time ago, I can't remember from where. They're coconut and I bought a whole bunch of them for all my projects. I think they're perfect, and will probably get tired of them soon :)


My next seamed project will probably be Hellebore, or maybe Peabody. I'm not afraid anymore ;) Isn't completing something you've put aside for so long completely satisfying?!

I hope everyone has a lovely and calm weekend, and hey, one inspirational quote/poster for a better week-

Hugs to everyone ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...