Saturday, March 15

LOL

I guess it's not a huge secret I've been depressed lately.
I've been trying to find more things that will lift my spirit, but it's not easy. Sometimes when I do find something that makes me happy, all of a sudden, right there in the middle of a giggle or smile I feel the tears forming.
It's hard.
My Acupuncturist told me I need to laugh more. See a comedy, stand up, go to laughing therapy. I am not even sure what that is. I promised him I would do something that would make me LAUGH this week.
The other day I watched Saturday Night Live. I'm a big Lena Dunham fan, I just adore her and everything she stands for. I admire her a lot and hope she can (this sounds dramatic, I know!) but actually make a change.
Did you see SNL? Oh my goodness, I have not laughed that much in a long time! And you know what? It felt good. It was nice to let go and just laugh at nonsense. Having something to remember later on and make me chuckle to myself.
Laugh? Check!

On my list of things that have made my week slightly brighter:

-  Another big plus for me watching SNL was discovering The Nationals. New instant love.
I love finding new bands and songs to listen to, Ane Braun, Daughter, Nicolas Jaar, Skye, those are just a few of them.
My current favorite song on repeat mode- I Need My Girl. This song and video makes my heart ache with love.


-  Wes Anderson has  new movie! I cannot wait to see it! Hotel Grand Budapest, doesn't it look amazing?
I remember when Moonrise Kingdom came out, we saw it in a small and intimate theater. I felt lucky being able to share that experience with others who appreciated it as much as I did.
All of his movies remind me of how much I wanted to learn film making. How I would love to live inside his head!



-  Tula Pinks new fabric line, Fox Field. I just bought a fat quarter bundle and will be pawing at it forever when it comes. I be be most definitely be #MakeSomethingAmazing with it! (now just need an instagram account!)
Check it out on her FB page
A while ago, before I understood anything about designers and who's who, I bought some of her fabric from the line Nightshade. It was cool, I liked it. Little did I know that it was TULA PINK. I still have a bit of it left, which of course I cherish, since it can't be found anymore, and if you do find it, it is quite costly. Which I don't get.
So, now when I see a designer I know I love, yardage is bought, ASAP. I do not want to be looking at beautiful yardage that costs 75$ for an eighth quarter. gulp.

-  Why did I allow myself to buy new fabric? Because I have finally finished off 4 quilt tops! Yes, I know that the top is only half down, but still, by finished a top I made a lot more room for new fabric! I am sup[er proud of myself, because I am also "mastering" free motion quilting. It still looks a bit sloppy, but practicing every day or two is definitely paying off. In the meantime, I'm still going with straight lines.
Pictures soon!

My goals this week are to:
Go to Pilates
Swim
Finish off a quilt
Have a nice relaxing bath
Laugh more. Actually, I really did enjoy it!

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...